In partnership with AMT/Restorix and Genadyne, MasVida Health Care is pleased to provide our complimentary online Learning Management System (LMS) training course designed to increase your knowledge of the Genadyne XLR8 NPWT Pump and to simplify your training experience.
By the end of this short 10-minute introductory course, successful learners should be able to:
- Identify the basic tools contained in the Genadyne case, initial application process, pump troubleshooting, and understand preliminary features and benefits of the XLR8 Pump.
Course Content Outline
- Lesson 1 (1:57 minutes): Contents – What’s in the case and initial setup
- Lesson 2 (4:44 minutes): Application Process – Skin prep and startup
- Lesson 3 (2:12 minutes): Troubleshooting the XLR8 – Alarms and events
- Lesson 4 (2:01 minutes): XLR8 – Features and benefits
- Outro: Summary
- The XLR8’s advanced variable pressure capabilities allow different negative pressures to be used without the downsides of intermittent therapy.
- By maintaining negative pressure throughout the cycle, the pump avoids losing an airtight seal or displacing the dressing, which would allow exudate to pool in the wound bed.
- This gradual “wave” is gentler to the patient, increasing blood flow to the peri-wound and preventing ischemia. The changes in pressure are imperceptible to the patient, increasing patient comfort and compliance.
- Without the sudden peaks in pressure from intermittent therapy, in-growth of the granulation tissue to the foam dressing is virtually eliminated which makes dressing changes less stressful and less painful to the patient.